I. Student Access Goal: All Coloradans shall have access to comprehensive community college educational programs.
- Fresh research has revealed strong evidence of a link between Glenn Miller’s musical experiences as a teen in Fort Morgan and his famous signature sound. The College’s Center for Arts and Community Enrichment has begun recording the history of the renowned big band leader’s life. The Glenn Miller Documentary Project will be unlike any existing Glenn Miller film. It is being produced by Eden Lane, owner of Sleeping Dog Media and producer of the Colorado PBS series In Focus. CACE hosted a free concert played by the MCC Jazz Ensemble on Nov 16. The event was both filmed and audio recorded as part of the Project. The finished documentary will be provided to the Fort Morgan Museum to be placed in their archives and to be shown in their new Glenn Miller Theatre. In addition, the film will be submitted to select film festivals and subsequently for potential broadcast on PBS.
II. Student Success Goal: The demands of Colorado businesses and communities shall be met through the development of a high skilled work force.
- Twenty three future health professional students (HOSA) attended the fall leadership conference in Denver.
III. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have seamless opportunities to transition from high school into college and from two-year institutions into four-year institutions.
- MCC mailed over 18,000 spring schedules of classes to its service area
- MCC hosted an open house on November 11 and invited all high schools students (freshmen through seniors) from across the service area. Students from Hugo, Wiggins, Weldon Valley, Brush and Fort Morgan attended.
- Five high school students were chosen as Student Ambassadors for this academic year. The program gives current high school students an opportunity to represent MCC through monthly presentations, tours, and information sessions at their schools.
IV. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have the opportunity to succeed through high quality, cutting-edge instruction and educational services.
- MCC has formed an ad hoc advisory council to provide guidance on reaching minority and underserved populations of high school students.
V. Operational Excellence Goal: The financial stability of the system’s institutions and the physical safety of its students shall be ensured.
- MCC printed and will distribute its 2014 Annual Report.
- The MCC Advisory Council participated in a session to provide feedback to the Colorado Department of Higher Education regarding HB 1319.
- The yearly audit has been completed with no comments