Transform the student experience.
- MCC hosted an open house on November 18 and invited all high schools students (freshmen through seniors) from across the service area.
- Five high school students were chosen as Student Ambassadors for this academic year. The program gives current high school students an opportunity to represent MCC through monthly presentations, tours, and information sessions at their schools.
- MCC hosted financial aid nights and area high schools.
- MCC hosted 80 sophomores from Fort Morgan High School that are part of the Gear Up program. Students visited MCC’s CTE program and psychology instructor before they registered for the fall 2016.
Transform our own workforce experience.
- MCC has hired Kari Linker as the new Director of Development for the College’s Foundation. Linker announced her resignation after 13 years as the Executive Director of the Morgan County Economic Development Corporation.
- Derek Grubb, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, created an interactive dashboard to give members of the MCC leadership easy access to data, reports, and pertinent folders. This will help foster data-driven decision-making.
Create education without barriers through transformational partnerships.
- Nineteen students from MCC and Lincoln High School toured four local plants, Xcel Energy, MMI International, Western Sugar, and Barry Walter Sr. Co., and discussed career options, wages, benefits, and training opportunities available through the College.
- Instructional staff and Center Directors are implementing Web Ex as cutting edge technology in the delivery of curriculum for concurrent enrollment throughout the 24 school districts in MCC’s service area. This will be implemented incrementally over the next two years.
Redefine our value proposition through accessibility, affordability, quality, accountability, resource development, and operational excellence.
- The MCC Foundation hosted an Open House and unveiled a new Donor Wall. The event was to thank those who have supported the College and students since its inception.
- Spring schedule of classes have been mailed.
- MCC printed and will distribute its 2015 Annual Report.
- The Center for Arts and Community Enrichment (CACE) hosted a concert for the MCC Jazz Ensemble.