I. Student Access Goal: All Coloradans shall have access to comprehensive community college educational programs.
- Summer class schedules will be mailed at the end of the month.
- Incentive Dollars were used to expand hours in the Student Support Center on the Fort Morgan campus and to provide the Centers with additional tutoring help for students, especially during the Developmental Education program redesign.
II. Student Success Goal: The demands of Colorado businesses and communities shall be met through the development of a high skilled work force.
- MCC students competed in the Skills USA district competitions for both automotive technology and collision repair. Results are not known for automotive, but seven students will continue on to Regionals from collision repair.
- MCC Limon Center celebrates student Tia Phillip’s placement on the PTK All Colorado Academic Team. She is a Limon High School senior who will graduate May with her AA/AS/AGS.
III. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have seamless opportunities to transition from high school into college and from two-year institutions into four-year institutions.
- MCC will host three financial aid nights at Fort Morgan High School in the coming week.
- On February 12, the Fort Morgan campus hosted an Open House for high school seniors and their families.
- Marketing will produce a fact sheet to be used by Student Service staff, faculty, advisors, and high school counselors to answer questions of potential students and promote MCC.
IV. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have the opportunity to succeed through high quality, cutting-edge instruction and educational services.
- MCC’s Associate Degree Nursing Program will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its ADN program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) on February 25.
- Incentive Dollars were used for professional development to send a team of faculty and staff to the eLearning Conference in Orlando, Florida. Sponsored by the Instructional Technology Council, eLearning 2014 featured new and successful educational strategies, technologies that work, and special techniques for teaching at a distance.
V. Operational Excellence Goal: The financial stability of the system’s institutions and the physical safety of its students shall be ensured.
- The MCC Foundation will host its 15th annual gala on February 28. The theme
for this year’s event is “Seek the Summit.”
- Six MCC alumni will be recognized for their success and commitment to their community at this year’s Gala event.
- MCC Administrators met with consultant, Clarus Corporation, to discuss results of an internal marketing segmentation audit. A formal report is to come.