- Complete an application for admission
- Provide an Official Transcript of all credits earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities
- Allow 30 days for transcript evaluation
- Course work must have been completed within ten years prior to transfer
- Inquire at Student Services about validation of course work completed more than 10 years prior to transfer
- Student must have earned a C or better in each course before it will be considered for transfer credit and can be applied to a MCC program
- Download a transcript request form for your previous school(s) to fill out.
- Appeal must be filed within 15 days of receiving transcript evaluation by writing the registrar at the receiving institution.
- Contact the college transfer advisor for policy and procedures
- When a student completes an A.A. or A.S. at MCC, 60 credits are guaranteed to transfer to most four-year colleges or universities once the student is accepted for admission
- The student should be able to finish a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree with another 60 credit hours
- One-third of MCC students plan to transfer to a 4-year college after finishing an associate degree
- Students planning to transfer need to seek assistance from an academic advisor to plan a course of study that includes guarantee transfer classes
- gtPathways is a statewide agreement that designates certain core courses for guaranteed transfer among Colorado higher education institutions
- Transfer agreements have been established in certain programs to facilitate transfer of MCC credits to other institutions
Schools with Transfer Agreements