February 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Fort Morgan, CO. 02/21/13. Morgan Community College (MCC) will recognize eight “All Star” Alumni at tomorrow night’s Gala event, hosted by the MCC Foundation. These graduates are making a difference in their communities through their professions and leadership, and exemplify what it means to be alumni of MCC.
The recipients of this year’s awards are:
- Sandra Boone of Brush earned an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing in 2004, and is currently working on a Doctorate of Nursing through UNC.
- Lynn Ennis of Limon earned an Associate of Science 1999, and is the Revenue Cycle Manager at Plains Medical Center and owner of BILT Transit trucking company.
- Brenda Kechter of Vona earned an Associates of Arts and Science 1995, and works for Liberty School District in Joes, Colorado.
- Cindy Nestor of Fort Morgan earned an Associate of Science 1987. She is a Medical Technologist and Senior Lab Manager at East Morgan County Hospital.
- Brian Reid of Brighton earned an Associate of Arts 2006. He was able to start and launch The Showtimes Magazine, a livestock publication that he co-owns and edits.
- Laurie Erynn Reid of Brighton earned an Associate of Arts 2009. She co-owns and heads public relations for The Showtimes Magazine.
- Lisa Reid of Brighton earned an Associate of Arts 2010, and is co-owner and field editor for The Showtimes Magazine.
- Wendi Thomas of Brush earned an Associate of Applied Science in Business Management 2011 and Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Assistant 2012, and earned her GED in 1984. She currently works for Banner Health Surgeons' Clinic and Wal-mart Pharmacy.
“MCC was a great resource for me to continue my education; it was close to home, affordable, and I was able to continue working while completing my career. The nursing program prepared me for my role as a nurse in a rural community—to me this is more challenging than preparing for a large hospital as we have to cover more areas with less support, and laid a firm foundation for me to continue my education,” says Boone.
Tickets are still available for the Gala, and are $35.00 per person, $15 of which is tax deductible. They can be purchased online at www.MorganCC.edu/GALA or at the door.