I. Student Access Goal: All Coloradans shall have access to comprehensive community college educational programs.
- The Center for Arts and Community Enrichment (CACE) opened an art gallery exhibit for Mark Kreger’s large scale oil paintings.
- CACE featured photographer John Fielder as a guest speaker on his book, Great Outdoors Colorado: Celebrating 20 Years of Lottery-Funded Lands. Fielder gave a photography workshop lecture, followed by a book signing, and a key note presentation featuring a GOCO slideshow. More than 100 attended the evening’s events.
II. Student Success Goal: The demands of Colorado businesses and communities shall be met through the development of a high skilled work force.
- MCC Wray Center has partnered with Hospice of the Plains to offer use of its facility and equipment to test and train Hospice staff. The partnership will benefit both entities through community awareness and donations by Hospice of consumables for use to train Nurse Aide students at the Wray Center.
III. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have seamless opportunities to transition from high school into college and from two-year institutions into four-year institutions.
- MCC’s CTE program hosted an open house with nearly 70 attendees.
- MCC mailed nearly 16,000 spring schedules of classes to its service area, and will mail postcards to area high school seniors for recruitment.
IV. Student Success Goal: Colorado students shall have the opportunity to succeed through high quality, cutting-edge instruction and educational services.
- The MCC Jazz Ensemble is being considered to be part of the Regional Community Concert Series that includes bringing performing arts activities to communities in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Fort Morgan.
V. Operational Excellence Goal: The financial stability of the system’s institutions and the physical safety of its students shall be ensured.
- MCC printed and distributed its 2013 Annual Report.
- Linda Kammerzell has started as MCC’s Human Resources Coordinator.
- Beginning architect selection and preliminary land topography/geotechnical work for a new Welder Training and Facility Storage building.