Mission, Vision, and Values
To empower students and enrich communities.
To develop learners and responsive leaders who inspire innovation and passion in future generations.
- The individual
- Open and Honest Communication
The Morgan Community College Strategic Plan is an organizational document that is used to set priorities and common goals, direct usage of resources, enhance operational effectiveness, define clear outcomes, and assess and adjust the college’s direction in response to a changing environment.
- Student Access
- Student Success
- Teaching Excellence
- Community Leadership and Partnership
- Operational Effectiveness
General Student Learning Outcomes
On completion of their course of studies, successful students should possess the following skills:
- Construct effective written communication that conveys accurate, concise and complete information to a specific target audience while observing the conventions of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling.
- Construct and deliver a clear, well-organized, verbal presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize oral, written and listening skills to effectively interact with others.
- Formulate solutions to problems by using analytical reasoning, which would include:
- identifying a problem or argument
- isolating facts related to the problem
- differentiating facts from opinions or emotional responses
- generating possible solutions to the problems
- predicting consequences
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, manage, and successfully complete projects within defined time lines.
- Collaborate effectively with others toward the accomplishment of common goals.
- Perform a variety of basic mathematical operations.
- Interpret and apply statistical information in various forms.
- Use current technology to access information.
- Evaluate the quality of information sources.