Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate Certificate
Program Prerequisites and Additional Requirements:
Proof of requirements are submitted through online record tracking system. See Student Success Advisor for Health Occupations for instructions.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Pass background check.
The criminal background check is to be completed within 90 days of the first day of the program. Do not complete earlier.
- Pass 10-panel drug screen.
Although possession and use of marijuana is no longer a crime in the State of Colorado, the possession and use of marijuana remains illegal under federal law. Consistent with federal law, including the Controlled Substances Act and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, the use and/or possession of marijuana continues to be prohibited for students seeking admission or enrolled in a health program at Morgan Community College. Therefore a student with a drug screen showing positive for use of marijuana is ineligible for admission and/or continuance in the program.
- Proof of current immunizations and influenza vaccination.
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR card.
- Purchase student liability insurance and clinical badge at the College Store.
- Proof of workers compensation form.
- Provide driving record from the DMV.
EMT Intermediate I
EMT Intermediate II
Clinical: EMS Intermediate
MCC will offer or help the student find the required National Registry Practical
Note: Not Financial Aid eligible