Health Science Technology Certificate
Program Prerequisites and Additional Requirements:
Proof of requirements are submitted through online record tracking system. See Student Success Advisor for Health Occupations for instructions.
- Pass background check
The criminal background check is to be completed within 90 days of the first day of the program. Do not complete earlier.
- Disqualifying-offenses health programs updated June 2015
- Pass 10-panel drug screen**
Although possession and use of marijuana is no longer a crime in the State of Colorado, the possession and use of marijuana remains illegal under federal law. Consistent with Federal law, including the Controlled Substances Act and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, the use and/or possession of marijuana continues to be prohibited for students seeking admission or enrolled in a health program at Morgan Community College. Therefore a student with a drug screen showing positive for use of marijuana is ineligible for admission and/or continuance in the program.
- Proof of current immunizations and influenza vaccination.
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR card.
- Purchase student liability insurance at the College Store.
- Proof of workers compensation form.
- Social Security Number is required for second year
- Must purchase appropriate attire (HST polo shirt and khaki pants).
Orientation to Health Careers
Responding to Emergencies
Spanish for the Professional I
Biology: A Human Approach: GT-SC1
English Composition I: GT-CO1
Customer Service in Healthcare
Human Growth and Development:
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TRACKS
TRACK 1: NURSE AIDE
Nurse Aide Health Care Skills
Nurse Aide Clinical Experience
TRACK 2: INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH CAREERS
Introduction to Radiology
Principles in Physical Therapy
Note: Not Financial Aid eligible