Medical Office Assistant Associate of Applied Science
Program Prerequisites and Additional Requirements:
- HPR 178 Medical Terminology with a “C” grade or higher
- ACCUPLACER® Next Gen Requirements:
Arithmetic (AR) 265 or higher
Writing 246 or higher
- Proof of requirements are submitted through online record tracking system. See Student Success Advisor for Health Occupations for instructions.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Pass background check. The criminal background check is to be completed within 90 days of the first day of the program. Do not complete earlier.
- Pass 10-panel drug screen. Although possession and use of marijuana is no longer a crime in the State of Colorado, the possession and use of marijuana remains illegal under federal law. Consistent with federal law, including the Controlled Substances Act and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, the use and/or possession of marijuana continues to be prohibited for students seeking admission or enrolled in a health program at Morgan Community College. Therefore a student with a drug screen showing positive for use of marijuana is ineligible for admission and/or continuance in the program.
- Proof of current immunizations and influenza vaccination.
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR card.
- Purchase student liability insurance and clinical badge at the College Store.
- Proof of workers compensation form.
- Provide driving record from DMV.
Introduction to PC Applications
Human Growth and Development: GT-SS3
Biology: A Human Approach:
Introduction to Clinical Skills
Medical Office Administration
Medical Assisting Clinical Skills
Pharmacology for Medical Assistants
Spanish for Professional I: Healthcare
Customer Service in Healthcare
Responding to Emergencies
Medical Office Financial Management
Medical Assistant Laboratory Skills
Interpersonal Communication: GT-SS3
Review for the Medical Assistant National Exam