Filling out the FAFSA or CAFSA is the first step in being eligible for any kind of financial aid.
Fill out the FAFSA if:
- You are a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Are enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Obtained a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or by completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.
MCC uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility for most forms of student financial aid, including grants (federal and state), scholarships (scholarships also require a separate form), work-study and loans.
The FAFSA is available at studentaid.gov each year on October 1 for the following fall, spring and summer semesters.
Fill out the CAFSA if:
- You are a non-U.S. citizen resident or non-resident.
- You are a Colorado ASSET student. (You attended a Colorado high school for at least three years and graduated from a Colorado high school, for example.)
Students who are eligible for Federal Title IV aid by completing the FAFSA should not complete the CAFSA.
The 2022-2023 FAFSA and CASFA are based on your (and parent’s, if applicable) 2020 federal tax return.
Walk-in 8AM – 5PM
or by appointment
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Phone: (970) 542-3150