Testing Center Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Appointments are recommended. Contact Deena Peck at (970) 542-3188 or email@example.com.
The Accuplacer is a computerized placement test designed to provide placement information for students entering higher education. All students entering a college-level English or Math class will be required to take an exam unless they have documentation of previous assessment scores or proof of an Associate Degree (AA or AS) or higher.
Before taking the assessment, or to learn about the placement scores required for a certain class, please meet with an advisor. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, please call your center director or Student Services at (970) 542-3100. Students should talk to their advisor about options after testing if they did not get the score required for their courses. Placement tests are untimed.
Fee: $45 per credit hour
Administered to MCC students for specific courses listed in the catalog. Students must be registered for or have completed one credit hour of course work at MCC. A challenge examination may not be re-taken.
Fee: $114 per test ($90 payable to CLEP at the time of registration and $25 payable to Morgan Community College at the time of testing)
All candidates must register and pay their exam fee via My Account at https://clep.collegeboard.org/. Candidates select score recipients and answer background questions through My Account before test day. Test centers do not create registrations or collect payment for exam fees. Candidate data is automatically downloaded to the test center during check-in. Appointment scheduling is handled by each individual test center, not via My Account. During the exam registration process, candidates will indicate their preferred test center. Candidates must then contact their preferred test center to schedule an appointment to test.
Fee: $125 per test ($100 payable to DSST and $25 payable to Morgan Community College at the time of testing)
Dantes Subject Standardized Test. Computer-based testing; 2-hour time limit. Credit awarded for prior learning. See MCC handbook for approved credit available. Additional information at www.getcollegecredit.com
Candidates must contact their preferred test center to schedule an appointment to test.
GED Test (aka High School Equivalency Test)
Morgan Community College offers the GED high school equivalency test. Testing is currently available at the Fort Morgan campus only.
Test takers can register and schedule tests online at the following website:
GED- www.ged.com Fee: $37.50 per test or $150 for all four (4) tests. Payment made by credit or debit card when scheduling tests.
- Students are required to provide one valid form of identification. The ID must be government issued and non-expired. It must also include the student’s name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in an accredited high school.
- Official exams are given in English and Spanish to candidates 17 years of age and older who have never been awarded a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate.
- The High School Equivalency Diplomas are widely accepted as a basis for awarding high school equivalency credentials. The credentials issued on the basis of HSE test scores are generally considered to satisfy high school graduation requirements for purposes of employment, promotion, and licensing. For admission purposes most colleges and universities accept HSE scores in a place of a completed high school transcript.
- Special editions of the test and special testing accommodations are available for candidates with documented physical and learning disabilities.
- Plan accordingly for the following test lengths: Math = 120 mins, Social Studies = 75 mins, Science = 95 mins, Language Arts = 155 minutes
GED courses to help you prepare for the tests are available through MCC’s GED Program (970-542-3271).
Upon successful completion of all tests, one free Equivalency Diploma can be ordered at www.diplomasender.com. You will need an email address to register and order your diploma. Duplicate transcripts and diplomas are also ordered through Diploma Sender. Permanent record of test reports and diploma numbers are retained at this website. Please be advised: The Testing Center is unable to provide copies of diplomas or transcripts. All communication about diplomas and transcripts must go through Diploma Sender. Please be advised: The Testing Center is unable to provide copies of scores from testing. It is up to the student to retrieve needed information from their HSE account.
The MCC Testing Center provides testing services for MCC faculty and students as well as students attending other colleges and universities. Testing services include administering makeup exams for classroom, guided studies, and off-campus courses. A proctor fee of $25 may apply to tests for off-campus courses.
Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress
All full-time degree-seeking students need to take the Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress test during their last semester before graduation. The MAPP provides MCC with information about the effectiveness of its degree programs.
Professional Testing and Proctored Exams
Students that take correspondence, continuing education classes, or distance learning courses from other colleges may have their exams proctored at Morgan Community College for a fee of $25. Contact the testing center for details and appointments.
- Photo IDs are required for all testing.
- Photo IDs must be current and not expired.
- Acceptable Photo IDs include:
- Colorado driver’s license
- Colorado identification card
- A valid U.S. Passport
- Out-of-State driver’s license
- Foreign passport w/photo
- Military ID/Common Access Card
- Certificate of Naturalization w/photo
- Certificate of Citizenship w/photo
- Valid I-551
- Valid EAH/Temporary Resident
- Refugee/Asylee I-94 w/photo
- BIA identification card w/photo
- VA Card w/photo
- School ID (valid only for Accuplacer and Instructor testing)